What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are verystrong and thin customised shells of high-grade pure porcelain. Once they are securely bonded to the visible surface of the teeth, they are almost indistinguishable from real teeth. The results they offer are often spectacular.
How long can porcelain veneers last?
Smile Againteaches simple ways to maintain and care for teeth to make sure they last as long as possible.
When can porcelain veneers used?
Porcelain veneers can vastly improve teeth and smile in the following cases:
- Badly discoloured teeth: Whitening does not always work or may need too much maintenance. A common example of badly discoloured teeth is that of a person, who had tetracycline antibiotics as a child. The discolouration may in such a case penetrate very deep into the enamel layers, and is often hard to remove with whitening alone.Porcelain veneer is the answer.
- Slightly crooked, uneven or gaps between teeth: Although orthodontic treatment such as braces or invisalign (straight teeth – no braces) could be an option, this choice is not something everyoneprefers. Porcelain veneers, however, offer a very fast turn-around time ofone or two weeks, compared to orthodontic treatment that can take anywhere from six to as many as 18 months, or even more.
- Malformed Teeth: Unusually shaped defective teeth, or spots on teeth are vastly improved by porcelain veneers.
- Aging teeth or wear and tear of teeth: Worn, chipped or aged teeth are amazingly rejuvenated by porcelain veneers.
- Trauma: Fractures, cracks or broken teeth due to trauma are often effectively treated by porcelain veneers.